[Asterisk-Users] New Asterisk bounty: SIP simultaneous

Andres andres at telesip.net
Sun Jul 11 23:53:40 MST 2004

>So isn't this the problem * has? The first client registers as the address
>of record, then the second client comes in with the same registration and
>becomes the address of record?

I think you are making this look more complicated than it actually is.
We do this with our SER Network all the time.  Its called "parallel
forking".   For example, our subscribers can have 2 or more Sipuras with
the same number and registration info.  They have one Sipura at the
office and another at home.  When a call is destined for that sub, SER
will lookup the location database to see where it should send the
INVITE.  If it sees 2 or more locations then it sends multiple INVITES,
ie.. "Parallel Fork".  The first INVITE to answer will be the one that
establishes the RTP Session and all the others will receive a CANCEL.

Its quite simple and works perfectly.

--
Andres
Network Admin