[Asterisk-Users] Echo issues (again...)

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Sun Jul 11 17:38:17 MST 2004

OK... so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I've had the good old echo
problems on my Rev C FXO again this morning, so I thought I'd attempt
some debugging, though I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

This call has echo.

Channel: 2
File Descriptor: 20
Span: 1I>
Extension:
Dialing: no
Context: incoming
Caller ID string: "External Call" <99999999>
Destroy: 0
Signalling Type: FXS Loopstart
Owner: Zap/2-1
Real: Zap/2-1 (Linear)
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: yes>
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Default law: ulaw
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
Echo Cancellation: 128 taps unless TDM bridged, currently ON
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Actual Hookstate: Offhook

This call does not.

Channel: 2
File Descriptor: 20
Span: 1
Extension:
Dialing: no
Context: incoming
Caller ID string: "External Call" <99999999>
Destroy: 0
Signalling Type: FXS Loopstart
Owner: Zap/2-1
Real: Zap/2-1 (Linear)
Callwait: <None>
Threeway: <None>
Confno: -1
Propagated Conference: -1
Real in conference: 0
DSP: yes
Relax DTMF: no
Dialing/CallwaitCAS: 0/0
Fax Handled: no
Pulse phone: no
Echo Cancellation: 128 taps unless TDM bridged, currently ON
Actual Confinfo: Num/0, Mode/0x0000
Actual Confmute: No
Actual Hookstate: Onhook

The difference is the span line and the DSP line as far as I can see.
I'm not sure what the I and the > mean, and I don't know if they are
relevant - but I (just like everyone else) am interested in getting
this sorted ASAP!

Thanks,
Andrew