[Asterisk-Users] QoS in asterisk

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 11 18:16:59 MST 2004

> QoS is most certainly an issue when making the decision to move off the
> PSTN. Is the performance of your VoIP system going to be comparable to the
> performance of your PSTN system? Sounds like a reasonble question to me.

Not trying to get in the middle of whatever argument you're trying to
make, the poster's original question (although probably not worded
all that clear) can be answered by... no, asterisk cannot make a
decision to route calls via a second path due to quality issues
on some first choice path.

The poster's question "The reason why I ask is that I need to switch to
use POTS should the internet connection become poor?" is rather clear
as to what his intent was.