[Asterisk-Users] No data when recording a Meetme conference with Monitor

Mark Johnston mjohnston at skyweb.ca
Fri Jul 9 11:54:15 MST 2004

I'm trying to record a Meetme conference to disk, but the Monitor application
doesn't seem to play nicely with Meetme.  In extensions.conf, I have this:

exten => 1000,1,Answer
exten => 1000,2,Monitor
exten => 1000,3,Meetme

This starts up the monitoring OK, and it records the prompts that Meetme
gives, but as soon as the user enters the conference, the -out WAV file stops
being updated.  The -in file is updated, and has the right data in it.  I've
also tried using the manager interface to monitor a call already in the
conference, and I get the -in file OK, but the -out file is just an empty
(44-byte) WAV.  It's as though the mixed output data for the conference isn't
going to the Monitor app.

I initially tried this with the 1.0-stable branch, but I've since updated to
HEAD (7/8/04-14:26:23) with no change.  Is this a known problem?  Are there
other ways to record a conference?

Thanks for your ideas,
Mark