[Asterisk-Users] Monitor cmd and Queues

Harold Workman hworkman at cytelcom.com
Thu Jul 8 15:54:32 MST 2004

Hi,

Id like to record a queue conversation using the Monitor command but the
problem im running into is the way i configure it * records the music on
hold along with the conversation.  Is there a way to start recording when
the call is picked up by an agent?  Could someone give me a small example of
how they set this up.  My current extensions.conf portion of the file looks
like:

[cytelbilling]  ;######### Cytel Communications Billing Support
###################
exten => s,1,Background(/usr/src/asterisk-sounds/sounds/this-call-may-be)
exten => s,2,Background(/usr/src/asterisk-sounds/sounds/monitored)
exten => s,3,Background(/usr/src/asterisk-sounds/sounds/or)
exten => s,4,Background(/usr/src/asterisk-sounds/sounds/recorded)
exten =>
s,5,Background(/usr/src/asterisk-sounds/sounds/for-quality-purposes)
exten => s,6,Answer
exten => s,7,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,8,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,9,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,10,Background(/usr/src/asterisk-sounds/sounds/pls-stay-on-line)
exten => s,11,Monitor(wav,,m)
exten => s,12,Queue(cytelcs)

Harold Workman
CCNA, CCNP