[Asterisk-Users] Hangup's not detected correctly

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Thu Jul 8 01:30:59 MST 2004

Martin Pycko wrote:
> Well first of all if you're outside of US or callprogress-supported zones
> then you can use only busydetect. And that will only work if after the
> remote hangup your telco gives the fast-busy or any type of busy. You can
> tweak the duration of tone/pause and increase the count and it *will*
> work properly.
>
> regards
> Martin

One thing to watch for here is RX gain if busydetect does not seem to be
working after trying all the combinations.

I had a 2 x X101P setup which busydetected perfectly - TX and RX gains
were at the default levels.

The X101Ps were replaced by a TDM card with 4 x FXO modules and with no
config changes, busydetect stopped working. After incrementing in 1dB
steps, an RX gain of 3.0 brought back reliable busydetect.

I look forward to Rich Adamsons forthcoming writeup on setting up the
gain distribution in an Asterisk system, to get everything working
optimally.

Regards,

Richard