[Asterisk-Users] tdm400p static - out of ideas

Nicholas Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Wed Jul 7 20:22:22 MST 2004

Ryan Courtnage wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Over the past several weeks, we have been having an intermittant problem with
>our deployment of a TDM400P card (4 fxo).  We have tried many things, and the
>problem still re-occurs.
>
>The Problem:
>
>Occasionally (every 48 hours), the TDM400p card will stop answering incoming
>calls on ALL fxo ports.  Attempts to send outbound calls on any Zap channel
>will result in hearing a loud 'static' noise on the line.

Let's look at some possibilities of line problems:
What time does it stop answering? Is it ever during ALIT times (usually
very early morning)?
Have you tried calling the telco to see if it could be their problem?
How far away from the CO/mux are you?

Have you tried a new/different card?  If you didn't want to fork out the
cash for a new one, you could try a X100P/knockoff* on one of the lines
to see if that fixes the problem... if so you can deduce a bad card.

Nick

*I usually don't recommend the knockoffs, but for a day of testing $10
sure beats $100... everybody else should support Digium! :-)