[Asterisk-Users] tdm400p static - out of ideas

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Wed Jul 7 13:31:34 MST 2004

On July 8, 2004 02:18 am, jparr at bgcfreedom.com wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Ryan Courtnage wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Over the past several weeks, we have been having an intermittant problem
> > with our deployment of a TDM400P card (4 fxo).  We have tried many
> > things, and the problem still re-occurs.
> >
> > The Problem:
> >
> > Occasionally (every 48 hours), the TDM400p card will stop answering
> > incoming calls on ALL fxo ports.  Attempts to send outbound calls on any
> > Zap channel will result in hearing a loud 'static' noise on the line.
> > On one occasion the problem actually occurred while someone was on an
> > active call with the PSTN.  25 minutes into the call, this loud static
> > noise occurred, and the call was dropped.
> > Debug log files show nothing unusual.  It's obvious that * is unaware
> > that there is any problem with the card.
>
> I had a simmilar problem with an FXS card in a Compaq ML330. I would get a
> power reset message on my server console. Are you sure the noise is coming
> from the FXO ports? Are you using SIP phones, or ZAP?

Using SIP phones.  I think the 'static noise' or just a symptom of the card
going into this non-working state - or visa-versa.

I also believe that the tdm400p card (or driver) is to blame, and not the FXO
modules on the card.  Aside from your's, I have heard reports of people
having similar problems with their cards loaded with FXS modules.

I do not get these 'power reset' messages.

What did you do to resolve the issue?