[Asterisk-Users] Re: New PBX Help

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Wed Jul 7 17:10:21 MST 2004

>That being said, if your old system was set up 'square', meaning you had
>line appearances on your phones and keys that represented features etc.,
>Asterisk may not be the best choice from a user perspective or a cost
>perspective.

I must disagree with you there... ADSI Phones such as those from Sayson have
that proprietary PBX look and feelT without the cost. They also have buttons
that can be programmed with features like DND, Transfer, etc etc etc... The
downside here is that they are analog and so unless you're only going to use
a handful (read less than 12) you'll need a T100P which is about $500 and a
channel bank with some FXS cards... the whole package gets kinda spendy.
Phones are about $100 each and the channel bank is upwards of $500... the
FXS cards are also about $100+ each... but it can act and work as a
traditional PBX system... Actually with the extension logic, WAY WAY
better...

When you're getting into Channel Banks, FXS vs FXO, loops, echo problems,
RX/TX Gain, etc etc.... and you don't know much about telecom.... this
really might not be for you... Even installing a small PBX can be a
challenge...

:/