[Asterisk-Users] Dialing an extension during Dial()

programmer_ted ted at fusionapple.com
Wed Jul 7 15:38:27 MST 2004

To be totally honest, I think you came to the correct
conclusion.  Extensions can only be dialed when an application command
isn't already being run on the channel, or if the application itself allows
extensions to be dialed (Dial after hitting pound when the call has gone
through, or commands like Background).  This isn't to say it isn't possible
with a little coding.  In fact, I'll go see how easy it is to allow an
extension to be entered while the call is being connected, and get back to you.