[Asterisk-Users] Conf files doubt

Giscard Fernandes Faria giscard_cisco at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 7 11:16:34 MST 2004

Hello guys, I am here again, sorry for borring but I
in freeze here! : )

Just for resuming some doubts:

+ The extension.conf file:
has a [general] context for "general" configurations,
and a [global] context for global variables. The
another context [any_name] are context for "handle the
calls",

for example:
exten => 1001,1,Dial(SIP/1001 at 10.11.2.121,30) means,
when  the 1001 is calling send the call to device
10.11.2.121 using the SIP protocol and get the phone
1001 (this call is performed by 30 sec). Its true?!?!

+ The h323.conf file:
has a [general] context for "general" configurations,
including the possibility to get a gatekeeper, or not.
If a had a gatekeeper, I not need to create another
context for the users, if I don't had a gatekeeper I
need to create another [context] for the other users??
This context have type, context (that match with the
context of extension.conf file), prefix, host and
incominglimit??? (Why and How use thems??)

+ The sip.conf file:
Either has a some purpose [general] context, and have
another [context] where I need to configure the
devices that will be register on the asterix?!?! And I
have the option to redirect some devices to register
in another SIP server?!?!

Sorry by the bible of questions. But I cannot
configure the asterix to get the calls and extension
thems alone, I just can do this with a gatekeeper!!!!
Thanks for the help.

Giscard