[Asterisk-Users] UDP Ports scan on firewall

Steve Totaro asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Jul 7 09:30:54 MST 2004

qualify

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20sip%20qualify
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Smales - Magenta Solutions
  To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 10:09 AM
  Subject: [Asterisk-Users] UDP Ports scan on firewall

  I'm using Asterisk to registry several DDI's to a sip proxy (pipecall.com). Everything works fine apart from several times a day my firewall (zywall70) reports a UDP port scan attack from the pipecall sip proxy. I can't seem to work out why this should be. All I could think was that the sip registry was expiring and causing some strange probing from the proxy, is it possible to alter the expiry on a sip channel or does anybody have any other ideas?

  Thanks,

  Chris