[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 and Voice Mail

Dean Collins dean at collins.net.pr
Tue Jul 6 21:02:57 MST 2004

Eric,

What Brian is trying to tell you (why are so many replies cryptic one
liners either reply to the newbies or don't, don't try and confuse them
more :)

is you need to set correctly the Message Wait Indicator feature on my
Grandstream (I was using the wrong context - I thought the documentation
referred to the {mailbox=210 at Context} extension context not the
voicemail context).

Voicemail.conf

[internalvoicemail]

20 => 1111,dean,dean at cogs.net,,attach=yes

30 => 2222,jodie,jodie at cogs.net,,attach=yes

Sip.conf

[20]                                ; Deans extension

type=friend                         ; This device takes and makes calls

username=20                         ; Username on device

secret=password                     ; Password for device

host=dynamic                        ; This host is not on the same IP
addr every time

context=from-internal               ; Inbound calls from this host go
here

mailbox=20 at internalvoicemail        ; Activate the message waiting light
if this voicemailbox has messages in it

Cheers,

Dean