[Asterisk-Users] Problem related to TPX100 card installation

kaiduan xie kaiduanx at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 6 14:09:32 MST 2004

Hi,

After installing Asterix, and plugging a TPX 100 card
into the RedHat 8.0 Linux box, I plugged a normal PSTN
into the Phone socket in the TPX 100 card, and found
that there is no dialtone. The steps are listed as
below:

1) Install zaptel, libpri, and asterisk.

2) Plug the TPX 100 card, the RH 8.0 recognized it as
"Tiget Jet Network Inc | Model 300 128k Modem".

3) modprobe zaptel, and modprobe wcfxo. BTW, what is
the use of "modprobe zaptel", why we need to do it
since we will "modprobe wcfxo"?

Donot laugh at me asking stupid questions, thanks,

kaiduan