[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy running, but moh & meetme don't work

Jack Turer jack_turer at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 09:43:18 MST 2004

Any thoughts on the following?

I am running asterisk from CVS (downloaded yesterday's
version, just to be sure) on a test system with no
digium cards in it, so I have installed ztdummy (see
logs and screenshots below) as a timing source.

When I call the music on hold extension from a Sipura
Sip connected analog phone, I hear nothing and start
getting

Warning[98310]: chan_sip.c:674 retrans_pkt: Maximum
retries exceeded on call
cb70fdb1-df-408047 at 192.168.1.17 for seqno 102
(Non-critical Response)

As well, I set up a meetme conference, and dial it,
the first user (also a Sipura sip phone) gets 'there
are no other users on the conference..", which is OK,
then a second user comes in, but they are not
conferenced anymore. I can hang up both phones, and
dial back to the conference, but I won't even hear the
'there are no other users message anymore'.

usb-uhci and ztdummy are loaded fine (see lsmod), and
this system is running Redhat9 standard install with
linux sources.

Any thoughts what might be wrong? I have already spent
the whole night googling and looking around, so I
think I covered all the basics already.

I tried to use zaptelrtc as an alternative to ztdummy,
but it doesn't compile on redhat9 (log below as well),
so that is not an alternative either.

Is ztdummy fairly reliable, or does it not work on
some motherboard usb chipsets? (this is a compaq
deskpro pentium 400mhz)

Is there something I need to do with my kernel
(recompile?) so that ztdummy works, or anything else.

(I suspect the cause is ztdummy, since both MOH and
Meetme are broken..)

Thank you
---

Logs/Listings

#service zaptel start
    [  OK  ]
Running ztcfg:
    [  OK  ]

#modprobe ztdummy

-->lsmod listing
#lsmod

soundcore               6116   0  (autoclean)
ztdummy                 2532   0  (unused)
parport_pc             17508   1  (autoclean)
lp                      8580   0  (autoclean)
parport                33952   1  (autoclean)
[parport_pc lp]
iptable_filter          2316   0  (autoclean) (unused)
ip_tables              14488   1  [iptable_filter]
autofs                 12148   0  (autoclean) (unused)
e100                   56644   1
wcusb                  20064   0  (unused)
zaptel                179840   4  [ztdummy wcusb]
keybdev                 2720   0  (unused)
mousedev                5204   0
hid                    20772   0  (unused)
input                   5632   0  [keybdev mousedev
hid]
usb-uhci               24652   0  [ztdummy]
usbcore                73088   1  [wcusb hid usb-uhci]
ext3                   64704   2
jbd                    47828   2  [ext3]

-->extensions.conf (relavent part)

;dial 500 to join the conference (doesn't work though)
exten=>500,1,Answer
exten=>500,2,MeetMe(1234)
;dial 6000 to hear music on hold (doesn't work though)
exten => 6000,1,Answer
exten => 6000,2,MusicOnHold,default

-->Meetme.conf
[rooms]
;
; Usage is conf => confno[,pin]
;
conf => 1234

-->musiconhold.conf
[classes]
default => quietmp3:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3