[Asterisk-Users] X100P problem

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jul 6 10:35:44 MST 2004

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 07:51:53 -0700 (PDT), Shaun Dawson
> <bigchiefscd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Monday morning, I got the same behaviour, with the
> > phantom phone calls.  After much troubleshooting, I
> > finally, changed the card out of the machine (I have
> > two cards), made a call out with a regular phone to
> > make sure everything was working properly, rebooted
> > the machine, and once I verified again that there was
> > nothing plugged into the phone line, plugged * back
> > in.  At this point, everything worked fine for as long
> > as I was playing with it, which was about 30 minutes.
> >

> I've had the same behavior with other phones connected to a X100P line.
> When someone is using another phone extension, the X100P card becomes
> confused and continuously goes into my answer context and rings my SIP
> phones.

There was a change submitted via cvs (by Mark) that increased a ring
detect parameter about two weeks ago. It got rid of these false rings
when using the tdm fxo card, and I'd suspect its the same code for the
x100p. If you haven't upgraded lately, might give cvs Head a try.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd be looking for "noise" on the pstn line.
Noise can include AC power induction, unbalanced line, etc.