[Asterisk-Users] New CVS for patch...

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Tue Jul 6 09:00:01 MST 2004

Hi Jay,

Jay Milk wrote:

> I want to patch voicemail.c to allow for configurable pager-messages.
> Looked at the code, and I know I can do that in 10 minutes.  Once done,
> I'm planning to make this "patch" available to the community, provided
> the paperwork (release form etc) takes less time than the actual patch.
>
> Of course I know that I should based my modification on the
> latest-available code, but I'm a bit reluctant to upgrade my WORKING
> asterisk to the latest CVS.  Can I rename my asterisk-dir in /usr/src to
> something different, then check out the latest CVS, make my changes, and
> if it doesn't work, revert to my working version?  Or will Make and its
> friends throw me for a loop?

Yes you can. I do it from time to time.

Be sure to remove the contents of  /usr/lib/asterisk/modules before
installing any version (your current or the latest one), because new
modules (if there are any) will not be removed when reverting back to
the previous version and you will have problems. And just issue a 'make
install' (not a 'make samples'!)

--
Nicolas Gudino
House Internet S.R.L.