[Asterisk-Users] ZyXEL P2000W - working conf example

lenz lenz-ml at oinko.net
Tue Jul 6 02:13:21 MST 2004

(I posted this note on
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-ZyXEL+P2000W+configuration too)

I tried to put together comments that were asked for on the P2000W.

These configs seem to work fine for a ZyXEL P2000W, thanks to Giles Scott
for getting me started with it.
DTMF keys work fine and are "read" correctly by Asterisk.
It's important that you upgrade your phone to a modern version of the
firmware - it didn't work much with the WJ.00.07 that was preinstalled on
my terminal, while it works with WJ.00.0c

See:
http://www2.studerus.ch/support.cfm?action=news&lang=d
http://www.nikotel.net/firmware/zyxel/p2000w/P2000W_WJ000E_Standard.zip

In this example, my phone has number 898 and 10.10.3.5 is Asterisk.
Cheers
l.

sip.conf

[898]
type=friend
username=phone
secret=---mypassword---
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
context=sip
disallow=all
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833

On the telephone web interface:

Zyxel config
SIP/outbound Proxy config
Proxy IP:10.10.3.5
Proxy port = 5060

SIP Config
SIP URI:  sip: 898 @ 10.10.3.5 : 5060
Expire time: 300
Registrar username: 895
Registrar password: ---mypassword---

DSP setting
Default Voice codec G.729 8k
DTMF relay: outband

--
Creato con M2, il rivoluzionario client e-mail di Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/