[Asterisk-Users] is srv lookup being done when REGISTERing?

Jasminko Mulahusic jasko at fakat.com
Tue Jul 6 01:11:08 MST 2004

it looks (to me) like asterisk is not doing an SRV lookup when
REGISTERing with another sip proxy. is that correct?

what i am trying to achieve is to register jasko at telia.net with a
proxy using

register => jasko:secret:dilbert at telia.net

my problem is that asterisk is doing a simple A RR lookup for the
domain telia.net which is pointing to a host that is NOT the proxy for
that domain (resulting in the REGISTER message ending up with the
wrong host).

if an SRV lookup had been done instead, the REGISTER message would
have be sent to the right host. [i cannot change telia.net in the
above line as that messes up the authentication instead. and i do not
have control over the dns for the domain in question].

is there any other way to force the REGISTER message through a certain
proxy/host?

am i missing something?

jasko