[Asterisk-Users] Problem with BRI_STUF / direct connected ISDN-Phone

Chrétien Wetemans cw at breda.com
Mon Jul 5 17:29:43 MST 2004

"Thorsten Gehrig" <Thorsten at gehrig.de> wrote:

>If i pick up my ISDN-teleophne asterisk is direct regognizing an incoming
>call from xxxxx (MSN of the telephone) to 's'.
>I have NO DIALTONE and no chance to dial any number.
>
>How must I change my configuration to provide a Dialton to the telephone and
>can dial an extension?

I've had the same problem.

The following works for me:

In zapata.conf:

overlapdial=no
(you can als use overlapdial = yes, but I had some problems using it with an IAX-provider)

in extensions.conf:

use an "s" extension, but **don't answer it** :
exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,3                     ; Set Digit Timeout to 3 seconds
exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,5              ; Set Response Timeout to 5 seconds

exten => 500,1,Dial(IAX2/guest at misery.digium.com/s at default)

Chrétien