[Asterisk-Users] TE410P PINS

Wolfgang Pichler madmin at dialog-telekom.at
Mon Jul 5 04:51:20 MST 2004

hi all,

Am Fr, den 02.07.2004 schrieb Steven Critchfield um 17:20:
> On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 09:56, Wolfgang Pichler wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > Am Fr, den 02.07.2004 schrieb Scott Stingel um 15:31:
> > > Hi-
> > >
> > > Only pins 1-2 and 4-5 are used, so one of the two cables should work.
> > > (probably the straight through cable)
> > ok
> > >
> > > On your zaptel, you should use the phone company as the source for
> > > asterisk's internal clock, like:
> > why 1 ? - the documention says that 0 means for the card to take the
> > timing from its peer (but now i've tryied 1)
>
> Point out this broken documentation so it can be fixed. The
> /etc/zaptel.conf file says 1 for primary, 2 for secondary and so on. 0
> is for internal timing. Also you may have to power cycle the machine for
> that change to take place.
i've changed it to 1 - power cycle the machine - but didn't work either

> > > span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
> > > (But I don't think this would make a difference on the red alarm).  Also,
> > > try removing crc4 at the end.
> > my telco told me that they are using crc4 - also if i remove it - it
> > does not make any difference
> > >
> > > Did you do the following before starting asterisk?
> > yep - i did so
> > >
> > > modprobe -v wct4xxp
> > > sleep 2
> > > ztcfg -vv
> > >
> > > When you do these commands, is there an error?
> > >
> > > Also, in your /etc/asterisk/zapata, did you specify: signalling=pri_cpe ?
> > i have signalling=pri_cpi and euroisdn
>
> Please check and verify your signaling again. Look specifically at a
> potential typo. It should be CPE for "Customer Premises Equipment".
i have signalling=pri_cpe - the typo was in the mail

> > i have really already tryied everything (i've also checked the card with
> > a loop cable - works / and i've already tested the other peer - is also
> > working) - so, what they f... could else be wrong ?
>
> Chill down a bit. We here to help.
sorry for that - but its really driving me crazy that i can't get it
working (really tryied everything - there was already someone from our
telco here - and a technican who has a digium card already running here
in austria - no one seems to know where the failure is)

best regards
Wolfgang