[Asterisk-Users] TE410P PINS

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jul 2 08:20:57 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 09:56, Wolfgang Pichler wrote:
> hi,
>
> Am Fr, den 02.07.2004 schrieb Scott Stingel um 15:31:
> > Hi-
> >
> > Only pins 1-2 and 4-5 are used, so one of the two cables should work.
> > (probably the straight through cable)
> ok
> >
> > On your zaptel, you should use the phone company as the source for
> > asterisk's internal clock, like:
> why 1 ? - the documention says that 0 means for the card to take the
> timing from its peer (but now i've tryied 1)

Point out this broken documentation so it can be fixed. The
/etc/zaptel.conf file says 1 for primary, 2 for secondary and so on. 0
is for internal timing. Also you may have to power cycle the machine for
that change to take place.

> > span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
> > (But I don't think this would make a difference on the red alarm).  Also,
> > try removing crc4 at the end.
> my telco told me that they are using crc4 - also if i remove it - it
> does not make any difference
> >
> > Did you do the following before starting asterisk?
> yep - i did so
> >
> > modprobe -v wct4xxp
> > sleep 2
> > ztcfg -vv
> >
> > When you do these commands, is there an error?
> >
> > Also, in your /etc/asterisk/zapata, did you specify: signalling=pri_cpe ?
> i have signalling=pri_cpi and euroisdn

Please check and verify your signaling again. Look specifically at a
potential typo. It should be CPE for "Customer Premises Equipment".

> i have really already tryied everything (i've also checked the card with
> a loop cable - works / and i've already tested the other peer - is also
> working) - so, what they f... could else be wrong ?

Chill down a bit. We here to help.