[Asterisk-Users] X100P problem

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sun Jul 4 12:45:20 MST 2004

Shaun Dawson [bigchiefscd at yahoo.com] wrote:
> > It sounds to me as if there's a problem on the line.  If your X100P
> > was just not answering then the caller should hear a ring tone,
> > rather than a recorded message.  Well, I don't know anything about
> > your telco, but that's what would happen here if I
> > switched off my
> > Asterisk box or disconnected the line.
> >
> That's what I was thinking too, but that's not what's
> happening.  Boy, I sure don't want to have to get the
> telco involved, but it looks like that's where we are going with this, eh?
>
> I realized one other thing that may be relevant.  I
> have other devices plugged into that line.  Perhaps
> the X100P is not designed for that, and it sucks up
> all of the power?  Anyone have that sort of setup
> working?

The X100P really ought to be the only device plugged into the line.
Other devices should be configured as PBX extensions.  I don't know
whether having extra devices sharing the line would cause the problem
you're seeing, but it'd be easy enough to disconnect the other devices
and test (I assume).  Of course, you can only have so many devices
connected to a phone line before things will start to go wrong.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz