[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Reboots when SoftPhone calls it?

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Sun Jul 4 08:38:47 MST 2004

It wasn't a corrupted load, tried this on 5 different phones. For whatever
reason, it's because I had canreinvite=yes on, and nat=no

The phones are on a 10.0.10.0/24 network and my workstation is on the
10.0.0.0/24 network. There is a firewall device linking the 2 subnets.
Either canreinvite=yes doesn't like linking between 2 subnets (seems
inplausible) or the firewall got in the way somehow (plausible).

Ohh well, I turned canreinvite=no for the account my SoftPhone's were using
and now it works fine. Live and learn.

Thanks for confirming with me that in a good scenario, they should/will be
able to talk 2 each other.