[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Reboots when SoftPhone calls it?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 4 08:06:36 MST 2004

> I have a Cisco 7960 phone, I just updated to P0S3-07-1-00 image/firmware,
> due to a ton of fixes from P0S3-06-3-00 which we were running. But now when
> I call my phone using X-Lite, the second I answer, it reboots. I tried
> upgrading to the latest X-Lite but nothing. So I then tried FireFly, and the
> same thing occurs. I tried this on 3 different Cisco 7960's.  It's the
> strangest thing. I believe it to be firmware related, can anybody confirm?

Sounds like a corrupted firmware load on the 7960. No problems here
with multiple 7960's, snom 200, XLite, etc, and CVS-HEAD-07/01/04.

Might check the Status Messages in the phone after rebooting it.
You can also telnet to the phone and monitor at least some events
via debug commands.

Might also be useful to execute a 'sip debug', place another call,
and analyze/post the result.