[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Queue Question

Sam Tilders sam at jovianprojects.com.au
Sat Jul 3 18:12:42 MST 2004

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 06:45:13PM -0600, Jared Mashburn wrote:
> Is there any way for me to add myself to a call queue from outside of my
> Asterisk Box?
>
> For example,
>
> I have a queue set up on my asterisk box, and I want to call it on my Cell
> Phone, then add myself to the queue and hang up.. When a call comes into the
> queue, I want it to be forwarded to my cell phone.

You need to define agents in agents.conf,
agent => agentid,agentpassword,name
where agentid and agentpassword are numbers.

And then add those agents to the queue in queues.conf
member => Agent/agentid

Then in extensions.conf you need:

exten => exten,1,AgentCallBackLogin()
exten => exten,2,Hangup

where the exten number is whatever you dial into asterisk from your
cell.

(You might want to do something like exten/callerid here so
you have some extra validation that it is only you who can call
this extension)

What this then does when you dial it is ask for the agent id, then
the agent password, and then the extension that agent is on.

You would enter an extension that dials your cell phone. You might
need to define one specifically in the same context that uses
your outgoing lines:

exten => cellnumber,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})

Then when a call is in the queue, it will treat your cell like any
other agent.

Dial the same extension to the callback program to log off by just
pressing # instead of entering an extension.

> Is this possible?
> I haven't been able to find info on it anywhere, but maybe I'm not looking
> in the right help..

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20Agents
details a lot of the information you need.

There are some things to be wary of doing this, it seems if no members
handling the queue then the callers will stay there until they give up.
Time periods and phones that are always members can help there.

If anyone knows about how to do proper timeouts when there are no
queue members to call I'd like to hear about it.

Sam Tilders
sam at jovianprojects.com.au
(Move to Jupiter)