[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID and DNIS Problems (Non-Pri T1)

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Sat Jul 3 17:56:47 MST 2004

I am trying to receive both CID and DNIS from the telco through a
non-pri T1.  Currently I have the T1 setup and operational both outbound
and inbound calls are completed as should be expected.  The calls came
in and were placed in the context specified in zapata.conf on exten =>
s,1.

I have requested that the telco provide callerid (they call it ANI)
along with 10 digit dnis for my 800 numbers.  I am trying to get
asterisk to recognize these new additions, but for some reason it simply
isn't working.  It appears to me that asterisk is taking the digits that
are passed from the telco and using all of them as the DNIS.  So when a
call comes in asterisk looks for extension "*CALLERID*800XXXXXXX*" where
callerid is the actual number of the calling party.  It obviously can't
find a match to that extension and since it changes with each caller I
ended up matching all calls with an exten => _.  So I guess my question
is what am I doing wrong?  I know that * has to be able to interpret
this information.  I am assuming that something is wrong with my
configs.

Thanks for the assistance,

Robert Jackson

zapata.conf
-----------
[channels]

usecallerid=yes
rxwink=300
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

; Local PRI is working fine
switchtype=national
signalling=pri_cpe
context=inbound-local
group=1
channel => 1-23

; Long distance T1.  Receiving *CallerID*DNIS* and interpreting the
; whole string as the dnis.
switchtype=dms100
signalling=em_w
context=inbound-longdistance
group = 2
channel => 25-47

zaptel.conf
------------
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

span=1,1,0,b8zs,esf
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

span=2,2,0,b8zs,esf
e&m=25-49

extensions.conf
---------------
[incoming-local]
include => incoming-main

[incoming-longdistance]
include => incoming-main

[incoming-main]
; Calls incoming to the main administrative line.
exten => 3521234567,1,Answer
exten => 3521234567,2,Queue(administrativeq)
exten => 3521234567,3,Hangup

exten => 8001234567,1,Answer
exten => 8001234567,2,Queue(administrativeq)
exten => 8001234567,3,Hangup

; Calls incoming to the main AR/Patient line.
exten => 1234567890,1,Answer
exten => 1234567890,2,Queue(patientq)
exten => 1234567890,3,Hangup

exten => 8007654321,1,Answer
exten => 8007654321,2,Queue(patientq)
exten => 8007654321,3,Hangup

; Nothing works except this last piece currently.
exten => _.,1,Goto(mainmenu,s,1)