[Asterisk-Users] Suggestions for 96 tip/ring lines?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jul 2 18:23:31 MST 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 11:50, daryl at introspect.net wrote:
> Just starting to do the research on this one....I've got a customer who
> is showing interest in replacing any older Panasonic unit providing
> service to 96 tip/ring lines from a single PRI.  Does anyone have any
> recent experience with a decent (as in, plays nice with * and has a
> reasonable per-port cost) channel bank or similar?

Do you mean 96 desk phones with a PRI as the trunk interface (i.e. a maximum
of 23 calls outside the building, but up to 96 phones in use)?

A TE405P and a pair of Adit600s will give you 96 analog channels.  I'm using a
T100P and a half-full Adit600 currently and it Just Works.

TE405P is $1500, and a pair of 48-FXS-port Adit600s should run you under $1200
or so, plus whatever you would pay for Amp D-50 to BIX for the final wiring.

Regards,
Andrew