[Asterisk-Users] Zultys 4x4 or 4x5 ip phones?

Alex Malinovich alex at golden-tech.com
Thu Jul 1 11:49:56 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 10:51, Michael Graves wrote:
> Does anyone on-list use the Zultys 4x4 or 4x5 ip phones? I'd like to
> hear some opinion before I buy a few. I'm especially interested in the
> PSTN interface on the 4x5. Does it relay to * for VM when an incomming
> call is not answered by the phone?

We've been using the 4x4's extensively for a while now. Out of all of
the phones we've tried they've sounded the best and had the best overall
feature set. We've been selling them to all of our customers for all of
their high-volume users.

We should be getting some 4x5's in shortly for testing. From what I've
seen so far they seem pretty much identical to the 4x4's except for the
extra NAT/VPN/Firewall features and the Bluetooth stuff.

From what I know of them so far I don't BELIEVE that they will forward
PSTN calls in any way. The line terminates on that handset and that's
the end of it. Don't quote me on that though. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
Golden Technologies, Inc.