[Asterisk-Users] Pager Notification

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jul 1 11:19:19 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 13:03, Chris Travers wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Before I tell a customer that this would require custom development I
> figured I would ask here.

These questions point to you not being qualified to have customers yet.

> Does Asterisk support pager notification of new voicemails out of the
> box?  Or do I need an AGI script to do that?

AGI isn't the route for this. Most pagers support an email gateway, just
use it. Maybe you need to trigger it with a procmail rule.

> Also, if I want to call a number from an automated program in Asterisk
> and get the DTMF tones entered by the user on the other side, is there
> an easy way to do this?

sample.call

You may wish to call a real consultant to bail you out. Don't bother
calling me, I'm not a consultant.