[Asterisk-Users] Pager Notification

Brent Franks mwless at mindworks.net
Thu Jul 1 10:05:43 MST 2004

> "Chris Travers Wrote"
>
> Before I tell a customer that this would require custom development I
> figured I would ask here.
>
> Does Asterisk support pager notification of new voicemails out of the
> box?  Or do I need an AGI script to do that?

For our notifications, we just send e-mails as text messages to their cell
phones.  Most of our users have cell phones, and with the invent of SMS
and text messaging, pagers are no longer needed.  For verizon, we shoot
emails to Number at vtext.com and for Att customers, we shoot e-mails to
Number at mobile.att.net.  Both work great.

> Also, if I want to call a number from an automated program in Asterisk
> and get the DTMF tones entered by the user on the other side, is there
> an easy way to do this?

Not sure here, but I am sure there is, with some AGI scripting or using
the sample.call file.  You can then run Background to await DTMF input.

- Brent