[Asterisk-Users] execute a context from cron

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Jul 1 11:03:39 MST 2004

Michael George [george at mutualdata.com] wrote:
> What I need is to *initiate* a call at a certain time.
>
> I want to have asterisk pick up the line and enter the key sequence to
> have the POTS do the forwarding, not asterisk.  And then when we open up
> again I want it to call the POTS and turn off the call forwarding.
>
> I think the sample.call will do what I want, though.  I'll look into that.

This will help:

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+auto-dial+out

You can schedule into the future by setting the call file's
modification time accordingly.  If it's to be a recurring job then
cron would be good, as you said.

Perhaps you should consider a Sipura SPA-2000 or similar at your
forward-to location and let Asterisk handle the forwarding.  I just
put my phone on DnD and let the answering machine take messages.
I don't want people to be able to reach me any time of the day or
night. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz