[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Docs

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Thu Jul 1 10:16:55 MST 2004

Chris A. Icide wrote:
> On 08:10 AM 7/1/2004, Neil Cherry wrote:
>  >> The WiKi is your friend.
>  >
>  >So far it hasn't been very friendly. I tried to to find a document
>  >I printed out (it printed poorly). When I entered the document's
>  >title it fail to list that link. I actually found it via google
>  >(weird). I guess I need to learn a new way to think for searching
>  >for Asterisk info. I'll learn. :-)
>  >

> The Wiki's search system seems to leave a lot to be desired.  I don't
> often use the search system in the wiki, I tend to either 'google' it,
> or if I know what I'm looking for,

> A few days ago I was looking for some info from the asterisk-addon
> cdr_odbc and I entered 'Asterisk cdr mysql".  Well the search engine
> found the page I was looking for, and it was titled "Astersk cdr mysql",
> and yet, even though it was a perfect match, it was around #5 in the
> results.
>
> *shrug*
>
> references to pages of the voip-info.org wiki from google is your
> friend.....

I'm very good with google, I have it setup so I can type the search list
into the url bar (or g and the list for things that look like a URL).

> There are also quite a few friends you can buy on asterisk-biz list, if
> you are so inclined.

Nah, I'm actually trying to learn VoIP (yes the entire thing) and
paying someone to do it won't help me learn. It's got to be learned
by doing and search if you really want to know it. When I ask questions
here I prefer pointers so I can learn to 'fish' so I can 'feed' myself.

:-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry        ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://linuxha.sourceforge.net/                 (SourceForge)