[Asterisk-Users] Compiling while * is running

Loucks, Jason loucks at commprod.com
Fri Jan 30 13:43:27 MST 2004

Yes, Nortel Meridian's can get 5 9's easily.  They are very expensive, but we have one running at a government site in Indiana that has been up for 15 years without interruption.  When you upgrade the 1 control unit, the other 1 is servicing all the requests.  There is a brief period of time when you switch to the new one (like 4 seconds) where if you try to make a call, it won't go out, but any calls already in the system stay up...

--Jason

Anyway, thanks for bringing my bad math to my attention.  So, here's the
question: has anyone worked on a phone system that DID have 5 9's?  I'm not
talking about core services that AT&T Long Lines owns, I mean
customer-premises equipment.  Is that an unrealistic goal?

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: