[Asterisk-Users] Compiling while * is running

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Jan 30 10:21:49 MST 2004

I just fetched today's cvs (1/30/04 11:10:31). Compiles/installs on my
test  machine (ASUS A7V, 900 MHZ). However, If I try to compile on my
production machine (Elite K7S5A, 2.4GHz, 512MB) while * is running the
zaptel and asterisk compiles seg fault. I am assuming that they will
compile correctly if I bring down * and rmmod the zaptel driver. 0.7.1
compiled and is now running.

Is there a way to safely compile while * is running, so that I can
minimize down time of the server?