[Asterisk-Users] IAX1 vs IAX2 for IAXtel

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Fri Jan 30 07:59:55 MST 2004

G'day list,

I am getting a lot[1] of traffic on my Internet link, ICMP messages from
69.73.19.178 telling me UDP port 5036 is unreachable (this IP address
belongs to iaxtel.org).

I see from the wiki that IAXtel supports only IAX2 from December 2003.
Fine, however it looks like my * still wants to try and register using
IAX1, and I can't find how to turn this off.

This situation is confirmed in the response from "iax show registry" and
"iax2 show registry":

enterprise*CLI> iax show registry
Host                Username     Perceived      Refresh  State
69.73.19.178:5036   ##myid##     <Unregistered>      60  Request Sent
enterprise*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                Username     Perceived      Refresh  State
69.73.19.178:4569   ##myid##     ##myIP##:4569       60  Registered

Can I shut off these attempts to register using IAX1 (please forgive me if
it's obvious, but I've been through the wiki and the Handbook)?

Cheers,
Vic Cross

[1] Okay, so it's not actually a lot of data, but it's four
request/responses every ten seconds, non-stop...