[Asterisk-Users] asterisk with big number of extentions.

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Fri Jan 30 07:16:13 MST 2004

Chris Albertson wrote:
>> What are you talking about?  You can already reload the dialplan
>> without affecting existing calls.

[snip]
> But for my use this is not important as at most I'd be running
> a small office with ~10 lines were people go home at night.
> But with 25,000 active users "...when convenient" would be a long,
> long time.

"What we've got here is... failure to communicate." - GnR, "Civil War"

The when convenient is usually tied to restart.  Reload reloads
configuration files.  Restart now will, indeed, drop conversations, while
reload will not.  Reload will not change everything, so for some changes,
you will have to issue a restart; however, I have been successful in
changing my dialplan in extensions.conf (and it's related #include'd files)
and reloaded to see the changes immediately.