[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Line Appearances

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Thu Jan 29 10:20:38 MST 2004

MLS Drop for SysAdmin wrote:

> Has anyone successfully implemented concurrent appearance of the same
> PBX extension on multiple SIP phones?
>
> When using Cisco 7960s under call manager, you can have several phones
> with the same line appearance, but the first user to seize a line
> makes it inaccessible to other phones.
>
> Under SIP operation it seems as though this is not possible, but we
> don't see group ringing definable for SIP extensions.

It is my understanding that Cisco didn't bother implementing this
functionality into their SIP firmware. However, as you have described,
this feature does work when using CCM.

chan_skinny (and chan_sccp - which btw, will become the same channel
driver soon) will eventually support this feature.

If you (anyone?) have any motivation for Theo and myself to make
Asterisk's SCCP support go to the top of our to-do lists, please contact
either one of us off-list.

Jeremy McNamara