[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Line Appearances

Geert Nijpels nijpels at euronet.nl
Thu Jan 29 09:42:40 MST 2004

MLS Drop for SysAdmin wrote:

> Has anyone successfully implemented concurrent appearance of the same
> PBX extension on multiple SIP phones?
>
> When using Cisco 7960s under call manager, you can have several phones
> with the same line appearance, but the first user to seize a line
> makes it inaccessible to other phones.
>
> Under SIP operation it seems as though this is not possible, but we
> don't see group ringing definable for SIP extensions.
>
> Thanks for your feedback
>
> Sam Zener

I'm not totally sure what you want, but I'll give it a shot:)

Multiple SIP registrations are not (yet??) possible, even though this is
described in the RFC. Also see bug 157. Hopefully this will be
implemented in chan_sip2, this is bug nr. 759.

What you can do is:
Dial(technology/extension&technology2/extension2&technology3/extension3)
or code it yourself (or put a money bounty on it).

Kind regards,

Geert