[Asterisk-Users] 7960 Problems

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jan 29 07:33:11 MST 2004

>Does anyone have the correct file set for a 7960?? I've been trying
>to get the release 6 SIP load on one I have without any luck. The
>phone keeps getting the same 2 files from the tftp server and
>starting over. If you have the files - other than the POS30600.bin
>which I know is licensed - could you please send them to me so I can
>figure out if it's my files or my phone?? I really would appreciate
>any possible help with this.

The older Cisco sip images around v2 through about v4.x had a problem
with firmware upgrades. Seems as though one had to step through each
release during upgrades before going on to the next. Others have
hinted at this same problem.

I also found (don't know why) that removing a large amount of the
comments and unneeded lines from the various config files helped
on v3 and v4 firmware.

Been running v6.0 for a month or two and not had a single problem
with it and *. The v6.1 release notes suggests there were a fair
number of problems fixed in it though.

Rich