[Asterisk-Users] Is there a way to transfer a call from CLI

Girish Gopinath gopinath_girish at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 07:00:42 MST 2004

I think there is an option.  But i dont know how to use it. When i enter the
command  'show application transfer' on the CLI , it gives this:
[Synopsis]:
Transfer caller to remote extension

[Description]:
  Transfer(exten):  Requests the remote caller be transferred to.........

But when i enter 'help' on the CLI , Asterisk says:
[snip]
           transfer   Transfer a call to a different extension
[snip]

What does Asterisk transfer? The caller or the call? Or am i wrong here?
I tried with 2 SIP soft phones. But it did not work. Asterisk said: 'There
is no call to transfer'
How can i acheive this feature?

Regards...

Girish