[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive ring Issues

Steven Ringwald SRingwald at VeriLAN.COM
Tue Jan 27 21:49:23 MST 2004

Hello all!

We have a PSTN line with four numbers calling into it. There is
distinctive ring on these lines. They are are follows:

1. standard ring
2. short ring
3. long ring
4. short ring, long ring, short ring

Based on the information I have been able to find, I have created the
following entries in my zapata.conf file, to
try and weed out some of the timings:

dring1=95,0,0
dring1context=dist_ring1
dring2=95,325,95
dring2context=dist_ring2
dring3=325,0
dring3context=dist_ring3

; If no pattern is matched here is where we go.
context=dist_ring0
channel => 1

I am assuming that "95 ms" is a short ring and "325 ms" is a long ring.

In my extensions.conf file, I have the following contexts defined:

[dist_ring1]
exten => s,1,Wait,1                     ; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,2,Answer                     ; Answer the line
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5             ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10         ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,5,Macro(exten-vm,7002,SIP/ringwald)

[dist_ring2]
exten => s,1,Wait,1                     ; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,2,Answer                     ; Answer the line
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5             ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10         ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,5,Macro(exten-vm,7003,SIP/ringwald)

[dist_ring3]
exten => s,1,Wait,1                     ; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,2,Answer                     ; Answer the line
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5             ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10         ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,5,Macro(exten-vm,7005,SIP/ringwald)

[default]
exten => s,1,Wait,1                     ; Wait a second, just for fun
exten => s,2,Answer                     ; Answer the line
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5             ; Set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10         ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,5,Macro(exten-vm,7001,SIP/ringwald)

No matter which number I dial, I always get the [default] context on
answer. Can anyone shed any light on
what I am doing wrong? The PSTN line is through Qwest Business, and uses
US format distinctive ring tones.

"Show version" in the asterisk console returns: Asterisk
CVS-01/27/04-19:07:39

Thank you in advance for any help!

Steve Ringwald