[Asterisk-Users] Junk calls from FWD numbers

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 16:55:48 MST 2004

My Asterisk server registers two FWD numbers.
On average I get about one call a day from someone calling
from an FWD number and leaving a pointless, under 10 second
message.  It's easy to see who these people are if I look
in my CDR file I can see thier name and number.  They seem to
be new FWD users, likely who've just downloaded FWD's Xten
softphone and then dial some random FWD user (me) to try it
out. I wonder if these same people when they first got a
POTS phone installed in thier home got out the white pages
and dialed randomly asking anyone who'd answer "Hi does this
work? can you hear me?"

Question:  Does everyone with an FWD number get these junk
calls or am I the only lucky one?

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com