[Asterisk-Users] TE410P on Redhat 9

duncan duncan at impede.net
Wed Jan 28 11:27:49 MST 2004

>Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this, and how to diagnose
>without taking our main phone switch down?  I have access to a PRI, but it
>has no phone numbers that ring into it, so I can connect to real network
>equipment and make calls, but cannot receive any.

it might be something different, but previously ive had lots of problems
with redhats new thread model and asterisk.  it was causing processes to
hog resources and generally made my asterisk servers incredibly unstable
and often unusable.

the problem was solved by running this before starting asterisk:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1

i now have this in /etc/init.d/asterisk before asterisk starts - so its
always run before asterisk starts.

it may not be the cause of your problems, but even so i found it was useful
and so i hope this helps

duncan