[Asterisk-Users] Incoming DID call Voice Problems

Alfred R. Nurnberger alfred at flosys.com
Mon Jan 26 21:05:33 MST 2004

The only thing I can think of in respect to analog DID lines is answer
supervision.
DID lines provide one way - outbound audio - before answer and cut through
bidirectional audio only after answer. But this could happen also outside
the local switch so local calls will still have bidirectional audio. Since
only the outside caller gets audio, I could imagine that either answer
supervision is not given properly or maybe the Wink pulse is not recognized.
Something in this vicinity ...

See if you can get proper audio if you replace the outside DID line with a
regular phone.
Check for proper polarity reversal (wink pulse after seizing the line) and
constant reversal after answer.
Make sure that Ring/Tip is not reversed. DID lines need proper polarity to
work correctly.

Regards.
Alfred R. Nurnberger
  _____