[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Indications

Vic Cross vicc at veejoe.com.au
Mon Jan 26 15:57:29 MST 2004

Chris, thanks very much for this tip:

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Christopher Lee wrote:

> My testing involves calling from a SIP handset to a dummy extension setup to
> answer and playback the tones I want to check.
>
> ; Test Australian ringing tones - indications
> exten => 906,1,Answer
> exten => 906,2,Wait(1)
> exten => 906,3,Playtones(ring)
> exten => 906,4,Wait(12)
> exten => 906,5,Playtones(busy)
> exten => 906,6,Wait(5)
> exten => 906,7,Hangup

I set up an extension like this, and found that my indications were being
picked up and played correctly by Playtones().  FYI, I found 425*12 to be
the closest match to the tones coming from my Telstra line.

> It sounds like you must have FXS extensions your trying to test the
> indications on? I don't have an FXS card in my machine to test with, so I'm
> not sure how it works, but it should still be the same, as a reload
> definitely re-reads the indications.conf configuration.

Yes, I have a handset attached to an FXS port and was using that to see if
my indications were changing.  They don't.  My FXS ports are being handled
by the simple switch -- can the tones generated here be altered?  Are they
supposed to pick up the indications.conf tones?  I found 'language=en' in
zapata.conf, tried changing that to au but no difference...

Cheers,
Vic Cross