[Asterisk-Users] Incoming SIP matching

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sun Jan 25 22:48:44 MST 2004

>Incoming FWD calls from other FWD users, iaxtel, or via ipkall, need
>to have dtmfmode=rfc2833.  However, incoming FWD calls from the
>dialup access numbers (such as libretel) need to have
>dtmfmode=inband.  To solve this problem, I created a second FWD
>account and configured sip.conf as follows, in order to match the
>incoming number to the proper dtmfmode:
>
>[fwd-rfc]
>type=friend
>secret=*****
>host=dynamic
>dtmfmode=rfc2833
>username=76153
>callerid="CLARK THOMAS B" <76153>
>
>[fwd-inband]
>type=friend
>secret=*****
>host=dynamic
>dtmfmode=inband
>username=244006
>callerid="CLARK THOMAS B" <244006>
>
>What I find is that, no matter what I change (for example,
>host-dynamic in order to prevent matching by IP address), I cannot
>make the incoming SIP calls match successfully. With the
>configuration above, all incoming calls use dtmfmode=rfc2833, but
>that could be because it's the default.  Either entry works
>correctly alone (with the other commented out.)
>
>I found some discussion in the archives about incoming sip matching,
>but no patches.
>
>Is there a better way to handle the two types of incoming FWD calls?
>If not, is there something else I could change in order to make them
>match the correct section?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Here's hint #1:

voipfu*CLI> show application SIPDtmfMode
   -= Info about application 'SIPDtmfMode' =-

[Synopsis]:
Change the dtmfmode for a SIP call

[Description]:
SIPDtmfMode(inband|info|rfc2833): Changes the dtmfmode for a SIP call

voipfu*CLI>

Here's hint #2:

register=76153:pass-da-word at fwd.pulver.com/76153

Here's hint #3: