[Asterisk-Users] Incoming SIP matching

Thomas B. Clark digium at clark.durham.nc.us
Sun Jan 25 06:01:38 MST 2004

Incoming FWD calls from other FWD users, iaxtel, or via ipkall, need to
have dtmfmode=rfc2833.  However, incoming FWD calls from the dialup
access numbers (such as libretel) need to have dtmfmode=inband.  To
solve this problem, I created a second FWD account and configured
sip.conf as follows, in order to match the incoming number to the proper
dtmfmode:

[fwd-rfc]
type=friend
secret=*****
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
username=76153
callerid="CLARK THOMAS B" <76153>

[fwd-inband]
type=friend
secret=*****
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
username=244006
callerid="CLARK THOMAS B" <244006>

What I find is that, no matter what I change (for example, host-dynamic
in order to prevent matching by IP address), I cannot make the incoming
SIP calls match successfully. With the configuration above, all incoming
calls use dtmfmode=rfc2833, but that could be because it's the default.
  Either entry works correctly alone (with the other commented out.)

I found some discussion in the archives about incoming sip matching, but
no patches.

Is there a better way to handle the two types of incoming FWD calls?  If
not, is there something else I could change in order to make them match
the correct section?  Any ideas would be appreciated.