[Asterisk-Users] Sipura 2000 Transmit Issues? No Sound being passed to caller

Frankie Gravato nanog at cfsdigital.com
Mon Jan 26 06:25:47 MST 2004

Hello Rich,

RA> It would probably help if you used a packet sniffer (eg, ethereal) to look
RA> at the traffic, or at least provide the list with a useful clue other then
RA> it doesn't work.

RA> ------------------------
>> same here, when i recive an incoming call from x100p to line 1 on
>> sipura, i can hear them but people can't hear me im using 1.0.24 on my
>> firmware
>>
>> Miguel

>> > I just received my Sipura on Friday and have been testing it extensively
>> > over the weekend.  I have noticed an issue similar to what you mention
>> > above.  For the record, the sipura tells me I'm running software version
>> > 1.0.20.  Also, there is NO nat configuration that is causing my problem.
>> >
>> > When I receive a call over my X100P and dial my 3 SIP phones (one gs
>> > budgetone 100, two analong phones through sipura), if I answer the
>> > analong phone connected to line 1 of the sipura, the caller cannot hear
>> > anything.  I've only noticed this problem in this exact scenario.  The
>> > other situations listed below have no problems whatsoever and audio
>> > works in both directions:
>> >
>> > 1. Call from sipura line 1 to any internal SIP phone.
>> > 1. Call from any internal SIP phone to sipura line 1.
>> > 2. Call from sipura line 1 out through X100P.
>> > 3. Call into my X100P from outside and answer sipura line 2.
>> > 4. Call into my X100P from outside and answer sipura line 2 and THEN
>> > transfer to sipura line 1.
>> > 5. Call into my X100P from outside and answer sipura line 1 (the caller
>> > cannot hear audio for this leg of the conversation), TRANSFER to any
>> > other line, and transfer back to sipura line 1.  After the second
>> > transfer, the caller can hear audio from sipura line 1.
>> >
>> > I don't know what is special about line 1.  I've switched my analog
>> > phones across the two ports on the sipura to make sure it wasn't one of
>> > my phones (not that I thought it was anyway).
>> >
>> > Frankie, have you tried the same experiment, but pulled your analog
>> > phone from line 1 and put it in line 2?
>> >
>> > Has anyone else seen issues like this with line 1 on a sipura?
>> >
>> > Thanks..
>> >
>> > -- Chris

I'll be trying that as my next step but it seems that my other fresh -
sipura  2000  unit that was sitting in the box which is running 1.0.15
firmware seems to work seamless so i find it odd ? that brand new unit
works while the upgraded firmware ones don't?

I'm  not  the  only  one  having this same exact issue I've received 4
emails  relating  to  the same issue from other users. So there's some
kind trend going on with this?

--
Best regards,
Frankie       (fgravato at cfsdigital.com)