[Asterisk-Users] Using TDM400P for autodial

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Jan 25 19:41:15 MST 2004

On Sunday 25 January 2004 18:17, Clif Jones wrote:
> I have tried to get my TDM400P card to automatically dial a number or
> run an application when I pick up the phone without much luck. After
> reviewing the email archives, config files and source to chan_zap.c
> it appeared that all I had
> to do was set "immediate=yes" in the zapata.conf file and have a
> default number
> in the TDM400P's context (ex. s,1,Directory(default)).  So far I have
> had no luck.
> The "simple switch" starts every time I pick up the receiver.  I have
> tried this on
> today's CVS files.  Any help and examples would be greatly
> appreciated.

That is indeed how you get it to start in the s extension and not give
dialtone.  Perhaps you have forgotten that zapata.conf is in object
format and the immediate=yes must come before the channel definition?
Or perhaps you have forgotten to restart Asterisk after changing
zapata.conf?  For these situations, it really is helpful for you to post
the relevant section of zapata.conf.

-Tilghman